Source Code Review Services
What is a Source Code Review?
Source Code Review is the line-by-line assessment of the application codebase so that any security flaws or backdoors left in the coding of the application can be identified and patched at the earliest. Deverra source code review services help the development teams quick-identify and eradicate potential risks before they advance to the application production phase, minimizing exploits.
Secure source code is the basis or foundation of safe and sound applications. Secure code reviews are also obligatory for regulatory compliance in many industries. As a leading Secure Code Review services company and a CREST Penetration testing provider, we help uncover all weaknesses, vulnerabilities and flaws existing in the codebase that may impact the performance and ongoing development of your business applications. Beyond source code inspection, we also provide an effective remediation plan and support as a part of the Source Code Audit.
DevOps / Development Integration
Source Code Review Methodology
Prepare & Threat Modelling
Threat Modelling is one significant part of our Secure Code Review / Source Code Audit, as it enables a comprehensive picture of the attack surface in the target environment with an idea of potential threat actors.
Our source code review team completes a deeper study of the coding involved, and the existing threat, and then identifies the codes that should go prioritized for review. By extensive review of the codebase, we help find out any missing strings or unwanted coding left in the program
Deverra conducts Secure Code Review based on two different methods. Depending on the requirement, we implement either one or both:
- Automated analysis: The analysis uses automated tools to review each and every sequence of the codebase and obtains the corresponding output. And, a comparison of it with the required output gets performed.
- Manual analysis involve line-by-line inspection of the application code to find logical errors, insecure use of cryptography, insecure system configurations, and other known issues specific to the platform.
Benefits of Deverra Code Review as a Service
- An exhaustive finding of all exploitable security risks/issues
- Protecting application integrity and security of sensitive data
- Improves user trust and confidence in your business software
- Enables safe extension of your business applications
- Limit application downtime and increase productivity
- Keep security compliance with industry regulations/laws
Would you like to speak to a security analyst?
We understand the importance of approaching each work integrally and believe in the power of simple.